Thursday, November 11, 2010

Due on Tuesday 11/16

Please Brainstorm Topics for Research and have them with you next week!
Please Make an Appointment with the Writing Center for Brainstorming, Research and Organizing Ideas! 631-420-2082- Knapp Hall Room 30!  You may come in with your support team.
9:30- We will meet in the library - Main Floor
One hour database presentation- 15min brainstorming session Topics!
Please post a potential topic on the blog before Tuesday. In additon, post a question (ANY QUESTION) that you may have regarding your topic or the paper itself. Please respond to one question.
See you in the library on Tuesday 11/16

12:30- We will meet in the library on 11/18
Note to my 12:30- Please  post  a potential argument as a comment on the blog by Tuesday. Think about a possible topic that you would like to argue. Remember, it  must be an issue and it must be argued on both sides. You must take a position. Brainstorm ideas - Use your class notes as a foundation! If you come up with something we did not discuss in class that is fine. Please post it and I will confirm topics on 11/18- In addition, you may post questions alongside your comments. Students should help one another. Post a potential topic, a question and answer at least one question!

Note*  All Classes - Decide on Support Groups! I check the blog posts. Please be sure to post! In addition, write your name or use an email address that has your name in it so that I can identify who you are.
****I posted the MLA powerpoint and "Draft My Paper"

33 comments:

  1. Do some research on opposing viewpoints. Perhaps you might be interested in a current events issue or an environmental issue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Browse by Issue

    http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/ovic/browseIssues

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connor- I noticed that there is a link for media located in the issues section of opposing viewpoints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly FYI- some interesting articles for your review. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE THIS TOPIC. I thought you might find it interesting.

    http://www.michaelparenti.org/Italian_American_Identity.html

    THis is a very interesting essay - Similar to the ones we have been reading in class from the text.

    http://sitemaker.umich.edu/elutensk/italian-american_identity

    ReplyDelete
  5. My topic is going t be eating disorders and if the fashion industry is responsible

    ReplyDelete
  6. My topic will be about outsourcing and the impact it has on the enconomy

    ReplyDelete
  7. My topic is going to be the,
    "Negative effect of the media on children"

    ReplyDelete
  8. my topic is going to be minimum wage and how it should be raised

    ReplyDelete
  9. My topic is on body image and how it connects to cosmetic surgery and eating disorders. Not sure what my argument position will be yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My topic is animal rights and how they are exploited through advertisment,zoos etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. a few topics I have thought of are birth control, homeschooling, and the prison system.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my topic will be the use of streoids and how its harmful

    ReplyDelete
  13. my argument is the fashion industry is somewhat responsible for eating disorders

    ReplyDelete
  14. my topic is outsourcing. how it is a negative effect of the US economy

    ReplyDelete
  15. A potential topic that I'm going to write about for my research paper is Body Image and the importance of image on our society.

    ReplyDelete
  16. my topic will either be minimum wage (raising it) or seatbelt laws (should be enforced)

    ReplyDelete
  17. My topic is Censorship and how it negtively affects the news.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My topic is hate crime and how they are becoming a growing problem
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. my topic will be on either renewable energy(benefits of using) or gambling(with a focus on internet gambling)- Kevin O'Brien

    ReplyDelete
  21. My topic is hunting is beneficial to the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My topic would be on genetically modified crops.
    -My Position, GMC would be benefificial to mankind because basically it would be much healthier and could be grown any where like cold environments and deserts

    ReplyDelete
  23. my argument is the altercations with college players and money and working with pro sport scouts

    ReplyDelete
  24. My topic is Bilingual Education in California

    ReplyDelete
  25. my topic is animal abuse

    ReplyDelete
  26. john masetti- my topic is how does todays technologys effect adults and childrens heatlh

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like my topic a lot, yet i don't exactly know what my thesis should be.

    ReplyDelete
  28. im drawing a blank for some reason when i go to brainstorm my topic i'm confused how to go about the research

    ReplyDelete
  29. A possible topic I found was how the lives of Muslim Americans were affected after September 11th but I'm not sure what my argument should be.

    ReplyDelete
  30. My topic is Technology and its affect.

    ReplyDelete
  31. i am having hard time finding research to support either side of my arguements. I am trying to connect techonology issue to Identity Theft, any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  32. THis is Nefi and I'm on the blog but cant find the support my paper link so that i can post a few comments?

    ReplyDelete